Set up your Unity Project
- Unity 2020.3 or above
- Anything World Account Details
- Anything World SDK
Step 2: Open the project with version Unity 2020.3 or above. Open the Package Manager panel and change the Package dropdown option to “Unity Registry.”
Editor Coroutines can be found in the Unity Registry of the Package Manager.
Newtonsoft Json can be found in the Unity Registry of the Package Manager.
Select the plus button in the top right corner of the package manager panel.
Input the provided git URL to receive the Newtonsoft Json nuget package.
Universal RP can be found in the Unity Registry of the Package Manager.
Step 4: Import the AnythingWorld.unitypackage file into the project.
Step 5: Create a URP Asset (with Universal Renderer) in the Project. Open Project Settings and navigate to the Graphics section. Add the new URP Asset to the Scriptable Render Pipeline Settings.
Right-click in the project panel and select the Create option. Then hover over the Rendering option and select the URP Asset (with Universal Renderer).
Add the newly created URP Asset to the Scriptable Render Pipeline Settings in the Project Settings panel.
Step 6: Select the Anything World dropdown menu and open the Anything Browser. Log in using your Anything World account with your email and password. Two new panels will appear after signing in, the Anything Browser and the My World panels.
The Anything World dropdown menu will appear in the toolbar at the top after importing the AnythingWorld.unitypackage.
The Login | Sign Up panel will appear when selecting the Anything Browser option from the Anything World drop down menu.
The Anything Browser and My World panels will display after successfully logging in.
The Anything Browser allows you to find animated and still models. Search for a 3D model by typing the keyword in the search bar and press the enter key to find the results. The filter options gives you control over the types of models that are displayed in the search results.
- The Don’t Animate Model option allows you to choose if you want the model to have animations when moved to your scene.
- The Enable Maker Debug Messages option provides unity console messages about the models status when moved to your scene.
- Parent Transform allows you to input a parent object for your model when it is placed in the scene.
- Position enables you to select the starting place for your model based on the inputs given for the X, Y, and Z coordinates.
- Rotation gives you the ability to alter the orientation of the model when placed in the scene for the X, Y, and Z parameters.
- Scale Multiplier increases the size of the models on all coordinates by the input value that you provide.
- The Animated Behaviour option allows you to attach scripts to the models directly from the Anything Browser. This option comes with a default Random Movement script to help you get started.
- The Vehicle behaviours option can be used for providing functionality to cars and other four wheeled vehicles. This option comes with a default RandomFlyingMovement script to help you get started.
- The Flying Vehicle behaviours option is useful for adding functionality to planes and other forms of aviation models. This option comes with a default RandomFlyingMovement script to help you get started.
- The Static Behaviour option allows you to apply a mono script to the model that is static.
- The Shader Behaviour option provides a way to attach custom shader scripts to the model.
- Grid Gizmos: Button that displays the origin point in relation to the grid.
- Grid Origin: The starting position of the grid placement feature.
- Cell Width: The distance between each placed model.
- Grid Width: The row size of the grid.
The My World panel allows you to find your favourite models quickly. There are two ways to save the models in the My World panel.
Search for a model in the Anything Browser, then select the heart or “My Like” button on the best model. These models can be viewed in the “My Likes” view on the My World panel.
The My Likes button will appear at the bottom left corner of the model result preview.
All liked models will appear in the My Likes view on My World.
Search for a model in the Anything Browser, then select the list icon button on the right side of the model result box. When selected, the “My List” button will open a window that allows you to add the model to a pre-existing collection or create a new collection.
The My List button will appear at the bottom right corner of the model result preview.
Create a new Collection or select an existing condition.
Once a model is added to the collection, the model can be found in the “My Lists” view within the My World panel.
Select the desired collection.
See your favourite models inside the collection!
The reset button that is displayed next to the Grid Off button allows you to reset the scene, reset the creator, or reset all.
This option will remove all assets that were provided by Anything World SDK from your scene. An additional pop-up box will appear to verify if you are sure you want to reset the scene.
This option will remove all search results, filters, and Make Option parameters applied for the Anything Browser and My World panels. An additional pop-up box will appear to verify if you are sure you want to reset the creator.
This option will remove all assets from the scene and return that Anything Browser and My World panels back to default. An additional pop-up box will appear to verify if you are sure you want to reset everything.